Monday, September 24, 2007

WHAT'S IN YOUR DRAWERS?

Me pal Dave over at Cabin Cove asked his faithful readers what was in our drawers at work. If you don't read his blog you really should, you can go over to my side bar and link right to it. Anyway, here you go:

Let's see, pens, a few pencils, some more pens, a few pennies, some teeny tiny Christmas ornaments, two empty bottles of Advil and two pill bottles filled with other headache medicine, markers, highlighters, file stickers, staples, a dead battery, my scissors, anti-bacterial hand wipes. OH, I almost forgot, a mouse toy used to scare the hell out of co-workers. And that's just the top layer of crap. There is shit stuffed in the back of the drawer that doesn't allow me to pull it all the way out and there's crap underneath the thing holding my plethora of pens and pencils. I hate to tell y'all, this is just the tip of the mess. I have 4 other drawers that look pretty much the same if not worse and I'm not even going to mention the top of my desk. I used to be really neat and obsessed with having everything just so, but as I've gotten older, I stopped caring. It's really not a good thing. I think my goal for the rest of the year is to find a balance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one amazingly-FULL drawers. And this is just the top surface layer? I'd be afraid to look underneath. LOVE the mouse to scare people. I have a rubber mouse, a few rubber cockroaches, and a handful of plastic ants from my last job. (Gee, maybe THAT'S why I was let go? Hmmm...)
Well, spring is a long way off, so no need to worry about spring cleaning just yet. Thanks for letting us look in your drawers.

roxie said...

Balance is overrated. Extremes are much more fun!