Thursday, January 17, 2008

Catch up...

Okay, so I've been getting lots of poo about being an infrequent blogger. Sorry folks! It's either that there is so much going on that I don't have time OR there just 'aint nothing worth blogging about. Let's see, I've been hard at work finishing the yellow Koolhaas hat (picture to follow) and starting a new one.

A word to non and new knitters, NEVER knit anything in black. I need to get one of those miners lights so I can see just what the hell it is I'm doing. So far, I've only made one mistake (that I can see..it is black yarn after all) as opposed to the three I found on the yellow one. The good thing is that the pattern is so busy unless you really look for it, you can't find it. Also, most people don't go inspecting things the way I do. I mean, I remember when I took Studio Photography a few years ago. I went out to buy a vase to shoot on the light table. Well, my professor had taught us to wear cotton gloves when handling things like glass or mirrors so we wouldn't get fingerprints on anything. Well, there I am, anal retentive, everything must be perfect, trying to pick out a vase to buy. So I see a vase in a box and pick it up to get a better look at the picture. I remember thinking, 'Oh, this is nice, but I could take a better picture than that...' when I saw it...a B.I.G F.A.T T.H.U.M.B.P.R.I.N.T on the picture of the vase on the outside of the box! I bought it just for that and showed my teacher. He just shook his head and said, 'Only you!' And that brings me back to the hat with the one boo-boo. It's staying. When I learned how to knit my instructor told us the Amish purposely make a mistake because 'no one is perfect, only God'. That's how I look at it, unless of course it is just too big a mistake and really must be fixed. But when it's something small that I didn't notice until I was 10 rows above it, it stays.

I've also been busy finding out what sex the Peanut is. We found out on Monday and it's a......
I have to wait to tell! Sorry, sorry, it isn't my news to tell. Once I get the okay I will yell it out from the rooftops. I just want to make sure that J&N have told everyone they wanted to tell personally.

I can't really think of anything else that I've got to say at the moment. I'll be back to put up the pictures of C wearing his new yellow Koolhaas Hat. Hopefully this evening.
TTFA!!
**UPDATE**
Here is the completed Koolhaas Hat

And its owner wearing it:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beutiful job on the Koolhaas hat Angie!
We can't wait to hear if its a boy or girl peanut - who knew that peanuts came in either sex!