Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Little Something About Me

I'm having a problem with my computer at home. I'm trying to fix it but until then I am posting a quickie from work. On Friday we got a bit of snow. Nothing too major, but it was icy and scary. Now I live less than a mile from work and it takes me 3 minutes to get here so, I have to come in when there's bad weather. I mean, really, how pathetic would I be if I didn't? Well on Friday we had exactly 22 people in the office and 22 out. The higher ups were very generous and 1) brought in pizza for lunch so we wouldn't have to go out in the bad weather and 2) let us out at 3. Then today we got an e-mail saying that all the people who braved the weather and came in were getting a bonus 1/2 day Friday. We can use it anytime between now and the end of May. It's a silly thing, but I am excited over it. It seems that the possibilities are endless (until May 30th that is). I haven't decided anything yet, but isn't it nice to have that to think about and plan for?

I got this e-mail from someone and I thought it would be cool to put it here. I didn't put it down in it's entirety though. I just thought it would be fun to do.

Things about me that you may or may not know in no particular order.

A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Deli worker at A&P.
2. Photo tech in a one hour photo lab.
3. Receptionist at a German baking goods importer.
4. Insurance slave.

B) Four movies I would watch over and over:
1. Lord of the Rings Trilogy
2. Harry Potter Saga
3. A Room with a View
4. A Christmas Story

C) FOUR PLACES I HAVE LIVED
1. Brooklyn
2. Richmond Hill
3. Westbury
4. New Hyde Park

D) Four TV Shows that I watch:
1. Medium
2. Pushing Daisies
3. Lost
4. Discovery Channel - Mythbusters & Dirty Jobs (Mike Rowe what a hunk!)

E) Four places I have been:
1. Scotland
2. Puerto Rico
3. California
4. Sanibel Island

F) Four People who e-mail me (regularly)
1. Paige
2. The wonderful Panera knitters
3. My cousin Rosie
4. Considering there are more than 4 people in #2 I don't think I need to fill this one in!

G) Four Favorite foods
1. Karen's chili
2. Anything my mom makes
3. Sushi
4. Anything Paige makes

H) Four places I would rather be right now:
1. On a beach with a good book, music and knitting.
2. Sitting in front of a fire with a good book, music and knitting.
3. Anywhere outdoors in the fresh air.
4. In NC celebrating my nephew's 9th birthday.

I) Things I am looking forward to this year:
1. The birth of my new nephew & Barbara's baby!
2. Going to NC for my nephew's communion
3. Vacationing in Sanibel
4. Going camping this summer

Well, that's about it. I could go on but it's nearly lunch time and I am at work.
Hey did anyone watch the Oscars Sunday? Javier Bardem and Viggo under one roof....pant, pant!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss ya, Cousin! Hope to see you soon!!!