Monday, July 16, 2007

Apologies and Happy Birthday

It was pointed out to me that I forgot to mention a knitty gathering of 7 on 7/7/07. A group of us trooped on over to Karen's house for some porch knitting. We all brought some form of knitting and sat out on her porch and drank wine, ate chocolate covered strawberries and had a great time. Karen was a great hostess and Master Toby was very kind in allowing us to occupy his space. I think we are all a bad influence on each other though. Since we've met, I know some of our group have just gone hog wild with their yarn stashes. There are a couple of yarn shops going out of business and these ladies have been going to them quite frequently (some so often that the owner knows their name....ahem, Karen...). At least they are doing the smart thing and buying enough yarn to go with a particular project which they've bought the pattern for. I am much more of an impulsive buyer. I'll see some nice yarn, buy two and then have absolutely no idea of what I am going to make with it. I guess it's the Aries in me. I sometimes like to just go and see what happens. Anyway, we need to go back to The Porch for another visit soon. When we do, I'll remember my camera and post photos of our get together.

And now for Peter. Our Peter turned 15 yesterday. Gosh, I can't believe that he's freekin 15! I remember when he was a curly haired, 2ft tall midget walking around proposing to me. He doesn't do that anymore, but he does hug me once in a while. He is now taller than me (well, being that I'm a Hobbit, most people are) and he's sooo smart, and sweet and just an all around great kid. I am very proud of him. He's had to overcome a lot of things these last couple of years and he's really come through everything well. Left to right, is Tula, the wonder neighbor, Paige (aka Peter's mommy) and her boobs and of course the birthday boy, Peter. The cake was deelish!
Happy birthday Peter. I love you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah - porch knitting, it was such fun, wasn't it?

I shop for my stash in the same manner that you do - with no particular ideas in mind. Sometimes I have enough yarn for a project I come up with and many time I don't