Friday, August 24, 2007

Plans for the future


Hey all! Well, I think I'm finally over my jet lag. It didn't help that I was nearing "That Time". It explains the over exhaustion the last few days. So, in my infinite wisdom I decided before leaving for Florida that this weekend would be a good time to go camping. I booked two sites (one for me and one for mom & dad) and I am praying the weather holds out till Sunday! Right now it's very beautiful and I am compulsively checking the weather forecast. I don't care what it does after I set up the tent or after, but in between I would appreciate it if it would NOT rain. My car is pretty much packed. All I have to do is get some ice and pack up the cooler and we'll be on our way. I'm working through lunch so I can leave at 4. I'm trying to get a slight head start on what's about a 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive. Ahh! I am looking so forward to this! Sounds strange doesn't it? Well, we go 'civilized' camping. There are showers with hot & cold running water, electricity for our hairdryers and it's mostly platformed sites. There are a few ground sites, but I hate setting my tent up on the ground. I'm always on an incline and end up sliding around. Anyway, that's it in a nutshell. I'm bringing up a book and some knitting. I don't know how much of either I am going to do. I mean, really, we're only going to be there one full day. I promise to post new photos of Florida soon. Maybe after Labor Day weekend.
Have a good weekend everbody!! :)

No comments: