Saturday, October 6, 2007

Why?

Why is it that a class I am taking now, is not good enough for me, but was good enough for other people when they took it 6 years ago? Why is it that this is the same person who complains behind my back that I should know certain things about my job? Now that I am trying to get a better understanding, this person is mostly discouraging, but tosses in that, "Oh, you'll pass it" at the end of their recitation of why it's a waste of my time and how I'm not really going to learn anything. To be quite honest, the last thing on my mind was the extra money I could make once I do pass. The main reason I am taking this course is to confirm that I do know my job and to get a better understanding of what I don't know. For the first time that I can remember, I did not take what this person said to heart. For the first time, I really sort of looked at them and thought, "You really are a sad and insecure person." I'm doing this for myself and no one else.

Okay, enough on that.

Can you believe that it's October? I mean, really, my neighbor told me there were lifeguards at Jones Beach today. Field 6 was closed, and people were swimming in the water. I don't know how I feel about this.

I've been working on my Noro scarf. It's coming out beautifully. I'll post photos tomorrow or the next day. I've been very tired lately. I only just got rid of my headache a little while ago.

Well, that's it for now. TTFA!

No comments: