Sunday, January 6, 2008

Work in progress

So I cast on a new project the other day. I got in the groove after knitting a couple of simple hats for my co-workers. Theirs were just simple garter stitch hats made with fun fur and Bernat Berella '4'. I've turned into a bit of a fiber snob, so I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked working with this yarn. It's 100% acrylic, but in my opinion doesn't feel like it. It's also very inexpensive. I mean, very. Like $1.99 inexpensive. Anyway, I had a skein left over from the Christmas hats and decided to cast on for the Koolhaas hat designed by Brooklyntweed's Jared Flood. Ever since I saw that hat on his blog (see my sidebar) I've had a bug up my ass to make it. I dug out my Interweave Knits holiday issue and cast on for my hat:


I don't know why I didn't realize it was going to be all cabled. Once I started, I thought it would be hard but it really isn't so bad. I like it because it's not too simple that I'll get bored and not too hard that I'll just give up. I've actually picked up a few skeins of yarn so I can start knitting a few as gift for Christmas this year. I'm really going to try to stick with that train of thought too. Hopefully I'll be done with this one soon and I'll start another one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, your hat is really moving along - it looks great
PJ