Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm alive, really I am...

Wow, almost a month since my last post. I can't believe it. Well, I've been a very busy girl. I was recently inducted as the Knitting Guild's newsletter editor. It's lots of fun and so far we've gotten positive feedback on the new look and layout of the newsletter. I'm really trying to make it fun and informative. It was always the thing I looked most forward to when I was a memeber, so I want the same for the rest of the group.

I was also working on a surprise gift for my brother. I can't believe all three of us are now in our 40's! (woohoo). We celebrated two weekends in a row. First we went out to two wineries and dinner on the 1st, then dinner at my parents house on his actual birthday (the 4th) and then his fiancee organized a wonderful surprise party for him on the 7th. As part of the surprise I got a nice digital frame and put a bunch of pictures of him, us, friends and his fiancee and son on it. Because I am so uptight about these things, I tried to keep it in chronological order. We set it up at the party and had a slide show going the whole time. I also made some CD's to give out to the guests. It was a great party and the biggest surprise for all of us came in the form of my brother 'A' who lives in North Carolina. He surprised us by flying up for the party! It was like a dream. I can't believe he was there, but I have the photos to prove it (which I will post at a later date).

So that's my news for now. The first few months of the year are always so busy for us as a family. We have birthday's starting on 2/26, then 3/4, 3/15, 3/27, 4/11. And we can't forget Palm Sunday, Good Friday and Easter. In May we have Mother's Day, and a very special first birthday on 5/17. I think we have a break in June, then there are two birthday's in July, one in August and an anniversary in September. We have a nice long break until December where there is an anniversary and two days later, a birthday, then Christmas and New Year. I'm not even putting in the birthday's of my friends!! Is your head spinning yet?!

No comments: