Thursday, February 7, 2008

WIP's

So, I've been hard at work knitting a few things.
Here is what we at Panera are calling the "Denise Blanket". It really should be the "Sue Blanket" because Sue gave it to Denise who has passed it around to a few other people. I'm making it in a denim blue color and was toying with the idea of making it in different colors. I'm up to the part where I'm knitting a few rows before I start the pattern again. The more I look at it though, the more I think I'll just keep it as is. I'm not sure which baby is going to get this yet. I'll have to see what happens when I finish. I have about 4 different cousins plus my brother who are all expecting babies this year. I'm really going to be kept busy knitting.
This is the Elizabeht Zimmerman baby surprise jacket. Again, I'm not 100% sure who's going to get this. I had this funky verigated yarn and thought I'd see how it would look. I'm not sure if it's to girly for a boy or to boyish for a girl. Another thing I'll have to see how I feel about when I'm done.
Last but not least, mom's Koolhaas. I'm up to the crown shaping so I really don't have much more to do. She also wants sequins like the ones I put in Karen's red hat. I should be done with this soon.
Last Sunday some of my friends and I got together at the unholy hour of 8am and went to Garden City Stitches. There was a Super Bowl Sunday yarn sale. Between 8 & 9 orders that totalled up to $100 got a discount. As the day progressed the sales got less. I've never been to that shop before and was excited to go. We had a very nice time (I didn't buy anything) and when we were done we went across the street for breakfast. It was really nice to get together like that on a beautiful Sunday morning and just chat and relax. After that, most of us went home. I went home, picked up my mom and we hit another yarn shop called Knit. This was a really nice place too. They were way crowded though because they are moving to the Village of Roslyn. It was an experience for mom. She's never really shopped at a yarn shop like that before. Usually she buys her yarn at Michael's, JoAnn's or AC Moore. Not that there is anything worng with that, because I do too. It's just that she's never experienced the crazyness that it a yarn shop during a sale! After a few minutes she was a bit overwhelemed and since neither one of us was really purchasing anything, we left.
And just for your viewing pleasure, the sky over AC Moore a couple of weeks ago. I thought the clouds looked way cool.
Well, I guess that's it for now. The Peanut and mummy are doing great. I haven't gotten any new pictures but if I do I will post them. They are busy fixing up a room for the little turnip head...which reminds me...LOST is back on - WOOHOO!! Although, HELLO, we are supposed to be getting answers not more questions. There are only 8 episodes this season and then I think next season is the last. I want to know who the Oceanic 6 are and is Jack's dad alive or dead? What the hell is going on?! I also love that Eli Stone show. It really made me laugh this week. Two good shows to watch during this stupid writers strike.
Well, anyhoo - it's late and I'm tired so, sweet dreams and talk to you later!

No comments: