Monday, May 5, 2008

Knitting Projects & Stupid Computers

So with 4 rows and the bind off left on my Hemlock Ring blanket I decided to start my Elann Highland Wrap. I'm up to row 17 of the cable part. Thank God for that lifeline I so intelligently put in. I got up to row 17 a couple of times and had to rip it out because I didn't like the way the cable looked and I wasn't sure the increases were coming out right. I finally got it all together and I am very happy with the way things are going. I love the color, it's such a pretty green and I love the name...Fiddlehead! I also love the feel of the yarn. It's so soft and just a pleasure to work with. The pattern called for 10 skeins which is what I bought but because I don't believe in swatching I'm afraid I may run out of yarn. We'll see what happens. This is the first of 4 LOTR themed shawls or wraps that I'm making. This one is for the Hobbits. There is one for Men, one for Elves and one for Dwarves. It's just something fun to do in the middle of all the things I have to do.
Now on to my stupid computer. I hate it. It's just about a year old and I've had nothing but problems with it. Now it doesn't recognize my mouse and I fear it doesn't recognize my keyboard either. I'm not going to stress about it right now. I'll worry about it when I get back from NC.

No comments: